Conservatives and Liberal Democrats Publish Joint Coalition Agreement
The Conservative and Liberal Democrat groups on Reading Borough Council have today released a document setting out the agreements reached between them on a range of issues.
The key themes governing this agreement are:
- Better value for our residents
- Better service to our residents
- Pride in our town and ambition for its future
- Fairness for all residents, and in particular addressing the widening gap between the rich and the poor in the town
- Innovation in all aspects of the council to bring about positive change to its operations and service provision
- Making Reading greener, by tackling climate change and protecting and enhancing our environment
This is the start of the process. Further policy agreements will be announced in due course.
In a joint statement Cllr Andrew Cumpsty, Conservative group leader, and Cllr Kirsten Bayes, Liberal Democrat group leader, said “We are delighted to have reached agreement on so many important areas. This is a great start to our coalition that aims to deliver better value for our residents, better services to our residents, instill a sense of pride in our town and have ambition for its future. Our coalition team is already working hard towards these goals.
The people of Reading asked their politicians to work together to address the dire financial mess left by the last Government. This is exactly what the Conservative and Liberal Democrat groups are doing; working together for the good of our town.”