New ComRes Poll – Labour 4% Ahead
Conservative 35% (down 2%)
Labour 39% (no change)
Lib Dem 11% (up 1%)
Changes shown are compared to the last ComRes telephone poll published on 21 August.
In other findings:
I expect the economy will start showing signs of improvement soon:
Agree: 23% (67% June 09)
Disagree: 55% (27% June 09)
Don’t know: 22% (6% June 09)
– Younger people are more likely than older people to think that the economy will start showing signs of recovery: 35% of 18-24 year olds think this compared to just 15% of 45 – 54 year olds.
A Labour government under Ed Miliband would be better at protecting people’s jobs:
Agree: 27% (32% April 11) (30% Jan11)
Disagree: 43% (40% April 11) (38% Jan11)
Don’t know: 30% (28% April 11) (32% (Jan11)
– A third of Labour voters are either unsure (25%) or disagree (8%) that a Labour government under Ed Miliband would be better at protecting people’s jobs.
It is better to let Government borrowing go on rising than to allow more youth unemployment:
Don’t know: 29%
The loss of hundreds of thousands of public sector jobs is a price worth paying to reduce the deficit:
Agree: 29% (30% Oct10)
Disagree: 51% (47% Oct10)
Don’t know: 20% (23% Oct10)
– There is a stark party variance on this issue: 53% of Conservative voters agree – compared with just 32% of Lib Dems and a mere 16% of Labour voters
In most cases I have sympathy for people going on strike against public spending cuts:
Agree: 48% (51% July11) (48% May11)
Disagree: 38% (38% July11) (37% May11)
Don’t know: 14% (11% July11) (15% May11)
– One fifth of Conservative (21%) and two fifths of Liberal Democrat voters (42%) say that in most cases they have sympathy for people going on strike again public spending cuts.
I trust David Cameron and George Osborne to make the right decisions about the economy:
Agree: 30% (31% Aug11)
Disagree: 45% (48% Aug11)
Don’t know: 25% (21% Aug11)
I trust Ed Miliband and Ed Balls to make the right decisions about the economy:
Agree: 21% (18% Aug 11)
Disagree: 50% (54% Aug 11)
Don’t know: 28% (28% (Aug 11)
I plan to spend less on Christmas this year than last year:
Don’t know: 13%
David Cameron is defending Britain’s interests well in the crisis over the euro:
Don’t know: 30%
– Of Conservative voters, 68% agree and 11% disagree that David Cameron is defending Britain’s interests well in the crisis over the euro. One in five Labour voters (18%), and 47% of Lib Dems, also give Mr Cameron credit in this area.
The planned high-speed rail link from London to Birmingham and the north would be expensive but worth it:
Don’t know: 28%
– Men (37%) are more likely than women (27%) to think the planned high-speed rail link from London to Birmingham and the north would be expensive but worth it. People living in the South East and North of England are the most supportive, while people in Scotland and – interestingly – the Midlands, are least supportive.
Government should give tax incentives to British businesses that train, invest, invent and sell, rather than businesses that concentrate solely on profits:
Don’t know: 15%
The NHS would be safer under Labour than the Conservatives:
Agree: 39% (39% Aug 09)
Disagree: 33% (47% Aug 09)
Don’t know: 28% (14% Aug 09)
– One in four Lib Dem voters think the NHS safer under Labour
ComRes surveyed 2,012 GB adults online on 16-18 November 2011. Data were weighted to be demographically representative and by past vote recall.
No comments yet.